The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)

After upgrading to CRM 2013 I had a strange ReportingServices error: The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)
Sometimes the report result window was blank, depends on browser i use.


Because front-end and sql server has been splitted I thought it could be a problem with server-server comunication.

First thing I’ve check was accessing reports directly from ReportingServices server. I opened a report manager, found report I was interested in.
In the credentials window i provided my domain name and password. I was so suprised when I get another error:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source ‘CRM’. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

I love exception like: genericSqlError, ErrorOpeningConnection – they say everything. Fortunately in error message was info “… enable remote errors” – so I did. Now error was:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source ‘CRM’. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

WTF? Where the hell is guid there – despite the report id of cource. After a while of searching I found interesting microsoft KB artictle: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2006869

Basically it says that you need to provide CRM SystemUser Guid as login and CRM Organization Guid as password, strange but hey, it’s Microsoft. I found both ids in CRM database, paste then to credential window and then the error changed again:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Query execution failed for dataset ‘DSMain’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: An unexpected error occurred. System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect to net.tcp://SERVER_MACHINE_NAME/CrmSandboxSdkListener-w3wp. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:21.0061979. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.57.5.129:808. System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.57.5.129:808
An unexpected error occurred.
Could not connect to net.tcp://SERVER_MACHINE_NAME/CrmSandboxSdkListener-w3wp. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:21.0061979. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.57.5.129:808.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.57.5.129:808

 

Wow. Now it’s error message that finally gave me an info about real problme – damn FIREWALL. After unblocking 808 port on firewall all reports started to work perfectly.

Getting this thing took me 4 hours of searching, reconfiguring ReportingServices etc. Hopefully you won’t have to waste your time.

 

 

2 thoughts on “The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)”

  1. That’s it! Great! Thanks for this posting. I tried everything else, beginning with setting SPN (which may also caused this behaviour) up to changing default values in Application Pool Options (which I set back to default because my users weren’t able to login due to this action).

    Cheers!

  2. Thanks for taking the time to paste this here. Helped me figure it out.
    FYI, the GUIDs from MS info for CRM2013 are in SystemUserBase table.

    Same problem for me, connectivity is in place, just not from SSRS back to CRM farm on port 808. So much for implementation testing before rolling it out.

Leave a Reply to Florian Cancel reply